Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nicely Put

I didn't watch the game, so I can't vouch for the accuracy, but I love the writing, and I totally agree with Lynn Zinzer's opinion of ESPN.

Usually in the N.F.L., the numbers add up, winners looking better than losers, but it was possible to watch the entirety of Monday night’s game between the Bears and the Packers and have no idea how the Bears won. (This is only partly because of the brain-scrambling analysis of Jon Gruden, who is living proof that ESPN hates us and who does things like spend an entire Packers touchdown drive lauding the Bears defense.) The Packers did everything better, apparently leading the officials to believe they were cheating, and they were penalized for everything including, we believe, being from Wisconsin.

ESPN is why I no longer watch Monday Night Football. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment