Friday, September 17, 2010

Accepting Criticism

President Obama, speaking at the Hispanic Congressional Caucus,

You have every right to keep the heat on me and keep the heat on the Democrats. And I hope you do. That‘s how our political process works.

The same President Obama, speaking at a $30,000-per-plate fund raiser in Connecticut just one night later,

Democrats, just congenitally, tend to get -- to see the glass as half empty. (Laughter.) If we get an historic health care bill passed -- oh, well, the public option wasn't there. If you get the financial reform bill passed -- then, well, I don't know about this particular derivatives rule, I'm not sure that I'm satisfied with that. And gosh, we haven't yet brought about world peace and -- (laughter.) I thought that was going to happen quicker.

I guess who he is depends upon who he is speaking to.

No comments:

Post a Comment