Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just My Luck

San Diego has gone 14 months with only one modestly significant rainfall.

Last May I submitted a request to my HOA to have my driveway repaired.
It is cracked and buckled and is preventing my garage door from closing properly, resulting is the presence of rats in my garage. That makes my wife unhappy, and when my wife is unhappy... Well, I don't like rats in the garage either.

Finally the HOA approved the driveway replacement last month (it only took eight months), and the work is scheduled to begin next Monday and be completed Thursday. Here's the NOAA weather forecast for next week:

MODELS STILL STRONGLY INDICATE HEAVY RAINS FOR OUR ENTIRE AREA MONDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. ON THE OMINOUS SIDE OF THE SCENARIO, SOME COASTAL AND VALLEY AREAS COULD GET OVER 6 INCHES OF RAIN. THAT IMPLIES SOME MOUNTAINS COULD GET OVER 15 INCHES OF RAIN.

Update: No, I suspect the rats would chase Molly out of the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment