Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Few Comments

*To Juan Williams, NPR unemployed, when someone starts a statement by saying that he is not a bigot, as with the following on Bill O'Reilly, I know that I am about to hear an example of raging bigotry.

I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.

Is my point made?

*To the San Diego Chargers, whose record is a pathetic 2-4 at the conclusion of the “easy part” of their schedule, and who face the New England Patriots this weekend, one method of scoring early in the game
is by running the ball.

The Chargers are not nearly as balanced on offense as they want to be, almost entirely because they keep falling behind on the road.

Their problem is not that they are not "getting a chance" to run the ball, their problem is that they are flubbing around and not running the ball in the first quarter and not scoring, letting the other team get a lead. They are not as balanced as they want to be because they cannot run the freaking ball.

*To Chris Matthews, and others, who are angrily denouncing that, “Bush bailed out the banks.”

You fail to mention that it was a Democratic Congress that passed the bill, nor do you mention that Obama took time during his presidential campaign to lobby for passage of that bill and to vote in favor of it.

At least he didn’t “suspend” his campaign and bail out on David Letterman to go to Washington in its behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment