Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blacked Out Again

The Tennessee game will be blacked out. With 8000 tickets still unsold, the Chargers did not even bother with the routine 24-hour extension request to the NFL. Chargers heavily favored by three, so we only get to watch their losses on television, but not what might be wins.

I'm cooking Stroganoff in a pressure cooker right now, and that damned thing freaks me out. I have worked with industrial propane and acetylene, 2000 gallon tanks of liquid oxygen, 3000# hydraulic & pnuematic systems, no problem. But a home kitchen pressure cooker scares the snot out of me. I am absolutely certain the damned thing is going to explode and destroy my entire kitchen, killing me in the process.

2 comments:

  1. bruce4:42 PM

    Sorry about the Chargers. Sorry about you and your pressure cooker - have you always been like this? And why are you cooking stroganoff in a pressure cooker anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, why? That is just not the way stroganoff is made; well at least not the way I learned nor ever anywhere near me in my lifetime.
    Pressure cookers aren't really that scary, even if the valve blows, it is called a safety valve for a reason and the lid stays on. You might end up with food all over your walls and/or ceiling, but you will be alive to clean it up. Well, unless the noise causes a life-ending myocardial infarction.

    ReplyDelete