Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Finish of the Speech

President Obama can still make my heart go pitty pat; can still make me want to grab a flag and go somewhere and wave it around.

The part of the speech that I was hoping for came at the end where, after speaking movingly of Ted Kennedy, he spoke to the character of a nation.
I liked the part where he said that "big government" isn't about controlling people or limiting business, it's about a "big heart." He challenged the nation to be the kind of great nation that takes care of its own. That's what
I wanted to hear.

I really enjoyed watching Joe Biden during that part.

1 comment:

  1. bruce9:46 AM

    “Know this,” he said: “I will not waste time with those who have made the calculation that it’s better politics to kill this plan than improve it.”

    yes, yes yes...

    and I second what Jayhawk said above.

    ReplyDelete