Saturday, May 30, 2009

Seal Beach Update

Our courts go from strength to strength on this issue. They have now ruled that, while we may not use recordings of barking dogs to clear the seals from the beach, we may use actual dogs. I think I need to reflect on this a bit, but my initial reaction is decidedly mixed.

I am, for one thing, unclear on how the use of actual dogs would be that much less expensive than recordings. You don't have to feed recording devices, or clean up the poop that they would leave on the beach. The other issue is that it would seem to me that the application would require dogs which were rather aggressive and probably somewhat nasty. I wonder how many children would want to use a beach which was populated with or guarded by that kind of dogs.

Again, I do not believe we have heard the last of this ongoing issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment