Friday, April 03, 2009

MSNBC at 3PM Pacific

David Shuster was marginal with his endless "twitter time" and babbling about "tweets." He also had a proclivity for bringing on Chris Kofinis. That idiot was director of the Edwards campaign, a run for the presidency that sank without a trace in two short months. Why anyone would think that this pudgy grinning jackass has any "Democratic Strategist" knowledge worth listening to is beyond me. I could even tolerate watching Shuster pucker up and kiss the backside of every guest journalist he had on, "You're the very, very, very best at what you do and I admire your work soooo much."

Now, to the delight of Keith Olbermann, they are filling that time slot with, "another former sports caster who was born on January 27th." He is a radio talk show host named Ed Shultz. He is a buffoon. He is the Democratic answer to Rush Limbaugh. I would rather go out in my front yard and let three NFL linemen beat on me with sticks than watch this jackass braying at me on the television screen. I think I will spend that hour watching the weeds in my back yard grow. No, not "weed," weeds.

Kofinis reminds me of NBC bringing on Sunday Night Football, as expert commentator, the man who had just resigned as General Manager of the Detroit Lions. This was a team whose lack of on-field talent was exceeded only by its lack of coaching expertise and which had just gone 0-16 to set a new NFL record, and NBC wants as a visiting expert the man who drafted that talent and hired those coaches. Kofinis is the political equivalent of that man, managing the world's fastest sinking of a presidential campaign.

NBC and its affiliates really do compose the cartoon network.

No comments:

Post a Comment