Saturday, April 25, 2009

Best Comment Ever

Reading a post about a guy who is trying to get information off of his old Windows XP computer onto his new Vista one. Comments are a) telling him to get a Macintosh, b) trashing Vista, c) suggesting he revive the old xp machine, d) urging him to get drunk and similar exercises, e) a few useful suggestions on how to do it and then,

Waterboard the xp machine and it'll give you all the information it has.

Win. First runner up was this,

I swear to the gods, I dislike Mac people almost as much as I dislike Republicans. A simple request on how to address a problem with a PC brings them out of the woodwork to start touting and defending their overpriced elitist toys. Really, if you can’t actually help, just shut up. You are all pathetic.

Sounds a little oversensitive, but that post follows one that claims that no Mac has ever in known history crashed.

2 comments:

  1. It's easy to get info off a old PC (if you know how). Vista is okay, but I have found it annoying. A home environment might be better/easier than corporate. I did like the waterboard joke though.

    Mac's are fine, but they have their issues. And they do crash. Rabid users of any ilk are annoying. Gee, kinda like Rubs and Dems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arthur7:52 PM

    Excuse me, but the claim that "no Mac has ever in known history crashed" is pure puffery. I have personally crashed them several times. Admittedly, not in ten or fifteen years, but I have done it.

    ReplyDelete