Saturday, April 18, 2009

Earthlink Unlinks

It seems that Earthlink has taken some sort of sudden dislike to Cox Communications and is rejecting all emails originating at cox.net. My family is at the former and I am at the latter, so my family may think I'm dead. I'm not. I'm not a spammer, either, despite Earthlink's accusations and email rejections, and my computer is not infected with anything. The Cox people said it is their entire network that's being blocked.

Update: Saturday, 6:00pm
Still not fixed, and I have to have a little sympathy for the technicians at Cox, which is a fine company with excellent customer service. My guess, and this is strictly a guess, is that someone in the area is infected with some sort of spammer virus (maybe Conficker?) and Earthlink has cut off the entire source network. That's not unreasonable on their part either, so... Damn spammers. It's not me, though, I checked.

Update: Sunday, 8:00am Back up

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:24 AM

    Just to let you know we believe the problem to be fixed at this time. If you are still having trouble sending email to Earthlink let me know at hrd-hsi.newsgroups@cox.com.

    ReplyDelete