Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Medco Madness

We have a mail-in prescription plan with Medco, and overall I like it very well. The people have always been very pleasant to deal with when that need has arisen, and the service is excellent; outstanding, in fact.

I have one medication that I get refilled at a local pharmacy and Medco's website gave me a message about a wonderful cost saving option on that medication. I wondered what it could be, since I already use a generic, so I clicked on the link.

Turns out they are offering an option to get 90 day supplies by mail-in prescription but, since it is a controlled substance, refills cannot be faxed to them as usual. I would have to mail them a handwritten prescription every 90 days, which means I would need to see my neurologist every 90 days instead of once per year as I do now.

The savings I would realize with their new option? Four cents per year.

Whee. They mean well, but... Whee.

No comments:

Post a Comment