Wednesday, April 15, 2009

IRS Payment Follies

Remember how I posted that the IRS had played "good guy" and made sure that our account number was valid prior to tax day? Well, I take it all back.

The notice included a statement that I could go ahead and pay by check, and included a coupon for me to use for that purpose. I did that, and the check was received by my bank and paid on the 10th of April. Guess what happened on the 15th of April.

The IRS deducted the payment from our account.

After notifying us that they could not do so, and after cashing our check and crediting it to our account, they deduct the payment that we have already made from the account that they stated they were unable to access. So we have now paid our furshlugginer income tax twice.

Good guys my ass. Feed those jackasses some thistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment