Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Oh, Goody

For the most part the mail-in medication plan that we use is very effective, but once in a while they break out in a case of major insanity. Case in point is that every time I have placed a refill order for anything there has been a notice that one of my medications has a “money saving option” available.
I already use a generic for that medication, so I have ignored it but I had a few minutes to spare yesterday, so I finally followed up on it.

Turns out that, using the generic, which I already do, I can get a 90-day supply for $60, which is what I’ve been doing for a couple of years, or I can do 30-day refills at the local pharmacy for $10 each. On the face of it, that would be a 50% savings to refill every thirty days at my local pharmacy, but there is a notice in red that “Special rules may apply.” Maybe I should see what that notice has to say.

Indeed I should. It says that I may only fill it at a local pharmacy one time, and that I have already done so; future refills at a local pharmacy will not be allowed. Okay, so why have they been bugging me for the past several months about this “money saving opportunity” which would be significantly less convenient and which, in any case, they will not allow me to use?

No comments:

Post a Comment