Sunday, March 14, 2010

And Sometines She's On Target

Hillary Clinton was even more direct in condemning Israel's announcement regarding expansion of settlements than Joe Biden, saying that, "...the announcement of the settlements the very day that the vice president was there was insulting." Well said.

I don't base my like or dislike of her bluntness on whether she is saying things that I approve of or disapprove of. She has a job to do, is an excellent person for that job, and I don't expect to agree with every part of it. This is a case where the Arab world needs to know unequivocally that we do not support Israel's mistreatment of the Palestinian settlement issue, and she makes that point in the most direct way possible. Of course, a withdrawal of financial aid might be a bit more effective, but that's another issue.

When she comes out with statements like "China will find itself isolated"
for disagreeing with us, though, I just have to shake my head. That is not toughness, or directness, that's just idiotic arrogance.

No comments:

Post a Comment