Monday, February 22, 2010

Yes, Bombing Civilians

On Friday I discussed a NY Times op-ed about the "inadequate use" of air strikes in Afghanistan which was written by, as I put it,

Lara M. Dadkhah, who apparently is an “intelligence analyst,” although for or with whom The New York Times does not say.

Well, Ms. Dadkhah must be quite happy, since we called in an air strike today which killed 27 civilians. Military spokesmen say that it was a "mistake." I should certainly hope so. For once, they did not claim that no civilians were killed, which I guess is progress of a sort. I am not joking here, or being facetious; I am disgusted by this ongoing sort of "mistake" being made in the name of "keeping us safe."

Glenn Greenwald has a great deal more on just who that Dadkhah character is, and how her crap came to be published in The New York Times. Read it and weep; it will curl the hair on the back of your neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment