Sunday, September 16, 2007

Football Follies

Back when I was in high school we had a game we played where we crammed as many guys as we could into a car and drove until we got to a red light. As soon as the car stopped we all jumped out of the car and ran high-speed circles around the car in both directions until the light turned green, at which point we all got back in the car and drove off, laughing hysterically. We called this game, for reasons that I cannot recall, a Chinese Fire Drill.

It caused us to actually try to catch red lights so that we could play the game which we regarded as hilariously entertaining. Why we thought that escapes me at this point, but we were high school guys, and it never lost its amusement value.

It’s less entertaining when performed by eleven guys wearing blue and white football uniforms. Patriots 38, Chargers 14. It wasn’t actually that close.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:38 PM

    Ha - good one! I just can't watch the Chargers right now. Padres are taking up all of my sports energy, but I did think of you several times last Sunday as I was passing in front of the television.
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete