Monday, November 30, 2009

Lethal Weapon

The Chargers' lethal weapon does not wear a number on his jersey; he stands on the sidelines calling plays. I have never been part of the mob calling for Norv Turner's head, although I have at times questioned his ability as a disciplinarian. Either I overestimated the need for disciplinarianism or I have underestimated Norv; this team is playing with a greater degree of cohesion than I have ever seen in the past few years.

As Nick Canepa put it today, "And the defense, while allowing yards, continues to make the big plays when needed." That's what an aggressive defense does, and it wins games. Passive defense, the kind we had before Ron Rivera got this group going, loses games.

I am beginning to really enjoy this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment