Friday, July 25, 2008

It Begins

ChargersThis is the time of year when my wife begins the eye-rolling routine on a frequent basis: the San Diego Chargers open training camp today and I tend to become somewhat monomaniacal. It amuses my wife and tends to make the cat nervous.

We will apparently begin the year with three of our starters injured. On the brighter side, Marlon McCree is gone and his position will be filled by Eric Weddle, second-year free safety from Utah. Wide receivers will be Chris Chambers and a more seasoned Vincent Jackson, which may be the best pair we’ve has at that skill position in a long time. Having #85 out might even teach us to use our wideouts more. Backup for Ladanian Tomlinson looks a little shaky to me; Sproles is exciting, but…

I am a Philip Rivers fan. You will undoubtedly see criticism of him from me throughout the season in this venue; I don’t like some things about his attitude. But he is an exciting quarterback and I am always looking forward to watching him on the field. He has talent, character, intelligence and fierce determination.

Bring it on. I’m ready for some football.

No comments:

Post a Comment