Sunday, July 27, 2008

An "Acting President"

I went to read a column in the New York Times, thinking that it was probably going to annoy me because of its title. (I had failed to notice that it was written by Frank Rich.) The first paragraph suggested that it might not annoy me too badly, and halfway through it I was rolling on the floor.

If you are an Obama supporter, you must read Frank Rich's op-ed today, How Obama Became Acting President. He does everything but accuse McCain of tripping over his own shoelaces, said event having been caused by his own petulant refusal to allow his mother to tie them for him.

Obama supporter: always reminds me of the cartoon where the guy is telling his blonde girlfriend, "I would much prefer that you tell people you are a sports fan, dear, not an athletic supporter."

No comments:

Post a Comment