Monday, July 12, 2010

Google Gets It Wrong

This blog is hosted by Google, and it has many very nice features. It also "logs me out" at unpredictable intervals for no discernable reason. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying.

It's hard to describe just how much I loathe what Google has done to the news aggregator that I have been using for several years. The new format puts about 10% as many headlines on a page as formerly, is in a much less friendly format, and is only marginally customizeable. Why they departed from a format which was so successful that it was emulated by everyone and went to a format that presents one-tenth of the content escapes me. I'm learning to like the MSN news page.

To add insult to injury, they put up a poll asking how you like the new format, and the poll does not work properly. The button set that you click on is not the set that changes, and the questions are therefor unanswerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment