Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mayo Clinic Again

My neurologist decided he wanted to see an old MRI and asked me if I could get the Mayo Clinic to send it to him on CD, so I went to their website and found the number for medical records. I called and got a very nice lady who told me I just needed to fax them a form and directed me to where I could download the form. I told her it might be back in 2004 or so and asked if that would be a problem and she very pleasantly said it would not. Her tone of voice was sort of, "Why would you think that's a problem? Have you never heard of computers?" My doctor got the CD in a few days, and there was no charge for the service.

I don't think any of this is actually all that remarkable; I am familiar with computers. I just think it's rather pleasant. I have a nephew who works at Mayo and says he likes it, and I keep seeing examples of why he does.

1 comment:

  1. Hoyt Finnamore2:47 PM

    Hey, Bill.

    I work in the Public Affairs Department at Mayo Clinic, and one of our staff members shared your post about your contact with our medical records staff. Well said. We'd like to share your comments with employees with your permission. Please send me a note and let me know your thoughts. My contact information is below. Thanks.

    Hoyt Finnamore
    finnamore.hoyt@mayo.edu

    ReplyDelete