Saturday, June 04, 2011

Reasonable Response

I have so far stayed out of this "Weiner Twitter," thing but I cannot resist commenting on one small aspect of it, that being his unwillingness to answer the question as to whether or not the picture is of him. I would suggest that his non-answer is at least a partial answer.

If someone were to show me such a picture and ask if it is me I would have no reason to hesitate before saying that it was not. I can tell you for certain that no photograph of that portion of my anatomy has ever been taken by camera, cell phone or any other means. I do not engage in pastimes in the form that would lead to taking such a picture.

Apparently Mr. Weiner does engage in such pastimes and/or has had such photos taken. That has nothing actually wrong with that, and it has nothing to do with his qualifications as a public servant, but it might reflect something about his intelligence that he would combine such activity with a career in public service.

No comments:

Post a Comment