Friday, April 17, 2009

Generalizations

People like this just drive me nuts. Discussing the "torture memos" and in at least partial justification of them, Andrew Sullivan today says this,

I certainly think we have to remember the climate of terror and fear of the unknown that followed the 9/11 attacks, a climate that dragged all of us, including this blogger, to places we now wish we hadn't gone.

All of us? Speak for yourself, you sniveling creepy piece-of-crap coward. I have never lived in a "climate of terror and fear of the unknown" and, while 9/11 horrified me to a very high degree, I knew the day it happened it was a one-time event and I did not, like you seem to have done, spend the next months or years hiding under my bed quaking in fear of who might be coming to kill me. Not fear of who might attack my country in general, who might be coming to kill little-bitty me, personally.

Just because you have all of the courage of a three-year-old, screaming in the night for Mommy because he had a bad dream about monsters, does not mean that all of us are like you. Some of us actually are adults; we can see horror and go on with our lives despite it.

We can see evil and not be changed by it into something unhealthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment