Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Blog Update

I have discovered that there are some really horrible blog templates out there. Gack. I managed to get the picture in the heading, as you probably noticed. I guess it would be a bit hard to miss. I'm working on getting rid of the rounded corners on the bottom. I got my "permalink" done, but I can't make it be spaced away from the date like I want, as the template keeps erasing the spaces I put there. Yes, I'm using "hard" non-breaking spaces. (I used a "style" attribute.) I'm also going to try the "share this" thing again, as I think the reason it didn't work was that my template was outdated. I'm having fun, though.

I really like the way this template lists the blog archive. The old one made it impossible to get to some of the posts, and this one even shows post counts. Cool. I am going to have to tinker with the formatting of the blogroll, though.

3 comments:

  1. I like the picture. I (as I am sure you know) use "old" but after you get this all figured out, maybe I can sweet talk/bribe you into helping me, so I can use "new" but still have my sidebar and header images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm.. the blue certainly was a change... More space at the end of each entry (between entries). The comment popup window is a fixed size and is not expandable.

    I like the picture on top, though.

    ReplyDelete