Sunday, July 05, 2015

14th Deadly Sin

I mostly enjoy books by James Patterson, including the “Women’s Murder Club”  series, but I have to say the the current one, “14th deadly Sin,”  is a bit sullied by one of its major premises. A young boy is falsely arrested and dies in custody, and one of the “Murder Club”  members quits the DA’s office to file a lawsuit in the boy’s behalf because, as the author puts it, the boy “suffered wrongful death and his family deserved justice that could only be delivered in the form of a multimillion-dollar settlement with the SFPD and the City.”

The concept that massive amounts of money constitutes justice is a premise that is fundamentally repugnant to me, and I am not looking forward to reading about how our “noble”  ex-ADA plans to pursue such an endeavor.
I will probably skip those chapters and focus on how Lindsay Boxer plans to apprehend the mass murderers.

No comments:

Post a Comment