Friday, June 17, 2011

Family Values?

One comment, on something which seems to have escaped the Weiner maniacs. At least no one commented on it yesterday, even Chris Matthews while devoting his entire show to the subject. In his showy, rather bizarre announcement, Weiner wanted to thank a lot of people including "my mother and father, who instilled in me the values which have carried me so far." Given the behaviors which compelled him to take the action he is currently announcing, thanking his parents for his values seems a little odd.

1 comment:

  1. I found that a bit funny also. The whole "family values" thing brings me back to the early 90's Republican "family values" buzz. My friend went around talking about family values all the time until I thought it would drive me nuts. Don't guess he understood that an ad agency somewhere or copywriter somewhere cooked that one up. Kinda of like the ridiculous "thousand points of light" thing.

    ReplyDelete