Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Uncritical Support

In a general sense, while I disagree with Republican principles today, I have more respect for them as a group than I do for Democrats, again, as a group. Individuals are a different matter, of course.

The Republican party adheres to its principles to the point that if an elected Republican legislator violates those principles they will vote him out of office, even at the cost of losing that seat to the other party. Their view is long term. They consider their principles of governance more important than winning individual elections or even than the short term goal of controlling government for any particular period of time.

Democrats not so much. They are all about winning elections and short term, immediate control, and they aren’t too fussy about their legislator maintaining adherence to any set of principles in order to do that. I cannot count the number of times I have seen Liberals/Progressives saying that someone is not upholding their standards but that “we have to hold our noses and vote for him” because otherwise the “other side” might win.

Democratic supporters are simply unwilling to hear anything that is critical of their guy or that is remotely supportive of the guy on the “other side.”

For example; at a blog called Democratic Underground I responded to a post bashing Romney for claiming that “since Obama took office 94% of jobs lost have been lost by women” wherein the writer said that the statement was a lie and that the true number was 38% according, the writer said, to CBS News. My response was that CBS News actually reported that they had checked Romney’s statement and found it to be true, and that they then added that since the beginning of the recession the number was that 38% of jobs were lost by women.

I received a message that my post, which contained a completely accurate quote from CBS News, was deleted by a “Jury of DU members” because I was considered to be a “Romney defending troll,” despite the fact that I had prefaced my comment with, “I have no use for Romney, but…” So, like most Obama devotees, they do not want objective facts, they only want hyperbole which agrees with their preconceived ideology.

The penalty for “defending Romney” (actually defending truth) was that, “You will no longer be able to participate in this discussion thread, and you will not be able to start a new discussion thread in this forum until 8:17 AM. This hidden post has been added to your Transparency page.” I am, you can be assured, devastated.

No comments:

Post a Comment