Friday, April 20, 2012

Fear Mongerer In Chief

After hyperventilating about the immediate imminence of war with Iran a few weeks ago, which the Pentagon and Obama Administration had to rather frantically dial back on, Leon Panetta is now saying that we are, “within an inch of war almost every day” in the region around North Korea. He did not specify who we would be at war with, presumably North Korea, unless it would be China, but with Panetta you never know; he might be intending to attack South Korea.

I can’t wait to see who will be appointed to dial that one back.

He went on to say that, "I think it’s pretty clear that this administration took a firm stand with regards to the provocative behavior that North Korea has engaged in … we have made very clear to them that they should not take any additional provocative actions.”

Indeed we did. We withheld 240,000 tons of food that we had scheduled for delivery to feed their starving population. I guess that will show them. Your government fires a rocket to launch a weather satellite and we will by God make sure that your people starve. Makes perfect sense to Leon Panetta.

The mere sight of that man, even when he isn’t speaking, really annoys me. George Bush annoyed me, as did Dick Cheney, but I would have been able to greet either one of them respectfully. President Obama’s policies annoy the hell out of me, but I find him personally quite charming and would consider it an honor to shake his hand. I love our VP to death, even though he voted for bankruptcy reform, and would vote for him in a heartbeat. I’d avoid Tim Geithner if I could, but I could be civil to him if I had to.

Barbara Boxer; well, I’d probably call her “Ma’am” just to piss her off, but I’d do it respectfully. Yes, you can piss someone off respectfully. I learned how to do that in the Navy; mastered the art, in fact.

But Leon Panetta… Well, to paraphrase Ted Nugent, if I were put in a room with that man I would probably wind up dead or in jail because I absolutely would not be able to resist walking up to him and just clocking him.

No comments:

Post a Comment