Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What if...

It is looking more and more unlikely, but what if Senator Clinton were to win the nomination? Her whole shick is that "I'm tested, I'm vetted, I'm ready, I have the experience. I am the only one with the experience to be this nation's Commander-In-Chief." All that good stuff. She has, by her claim, thirty-five years of experience.

Her opponent will be Senator John McCain who has, oh, somewhere around two hundred years experience.

Suddenly her pitch would have to become something like, "You need to have experience, but not too much experience. She would also have to claim that actually serving in the military is... Oh well.

Update 1:15 PM

Bruce, in the comment says And speaking of "vetting and tested" - Mr. McCain has them all beat there...

And what the hell has John McCain ever "managed" or run. To the best of my knowledge he was never even a squadron commander in the Navy, so the most he ever "managed" was a single airplane, and apparently he was something of a hotdogger at doing that.

They are all, of course, full of it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:52 AM

    My question has always been: "35 yrs of what experience?" Most of that has been being a lawyer and first lady. First Lady being an unofficial title with no clearly defined role, just an assumed one over the years. Her role was that of a self-assumed policy maker, with some sort of assumed mandate because of her husband's election (she was NOT elected or appointed or confirmed to any OFFICIAL post). I think this shows her arrogance from the beginning. Of course, her self-appointed health care plan overhaul was shot down in flames for that and other reasons. I just don't see that she can really equate her "experience" to anything other than what Mr. Obama can. She's just older, that's all. ANd neither of them have executive experience (other than running a campaign).

    And speaking of "vetting and tested" - Mr. McCain has them all beat there... I can't imagine any worse test than being a POW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:04 AM

    My comment was in reference to being "tested" in an adversarial sense (aka: the republican attack machine), not as "tested being a CEO". I don't believe her at all when she talks about her "experience" in terms of executive leadership. Mr. Obama and Mr. McCain don't have executive experience either.

    ReplyDelete