Monday, February 18, 2008

Light Hits

A post at Daily Kos yesterday, entitled Calm Before the Storm begins with the following,
It has now been 2 hours, 54 minutes and 56.85 seconds since FISA ceased to exist and I'm looking out my window now, not exactly sure where the terrorists plan to strike. Even scarier is the fact the defeatocrats set the bill to expire on Nova Scotia time, like a cruel joke before the end comes. Still, I remain firm and resolved to survive the upcoming assaults. No doubt the terrorists are sending flurries of emails to each other even now, organizing to strike the heart of our nation, but come what I may I will be ready.

I've purchased several carts of bottled water, duct tape, and frozen food, along with a large supply of discounted valentine chocolate from the store.

Good stuff, worth the read.

I am reminded of a guy who used to live in our complex in 1999 named Earl C. He was all freaked out about the impending Y2K crisis; had a countdown clock on the front of his house until the HOA made him remove it. He would harangue the board about how we should hire someone who could grow crops on our land, replacing the lawns, and should fortify the gate at the entrance to our complex, which is built in a canyon.

I wonder what Earl is doing now that "FISA has expired."

And John Cole at Balloon Juice in his Sunday Open Thread closes with,
PS- I didn’t use any periods in this post because I don’t want TalkLeft to acccuse me of being sexist

My understanding is that it's the "I understand that Senator Clinton, periodically when she's feeling down, launches..." that TalkLeft feels makes Obama's remark sexist.
In the infamous words of a former president, "Give me a break."

I also read a post (can't find it now) that reminded me of George Bush referring to 9/11 as the "worst attack on our soil in America's history."
Um, George, the British once burned your house.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jayhawk, or Bill, or whomever,

    I'm just catching up on blogrolling all the bloggers who celebrated Blogroll Amnesty Day. I'm adding you, and would appreciate a reciprolink in turn, and many thanks.

    ReplyDelete