Sunday, February 10, 2008

Follow the Flag

flagWhen you have an ocean on one side of you and a desert on the other, which way the flag is blowing is a matter of no small significance. There is a nice big flag at an auto dealer near our home, and checking it’s direction is automatic every time we drive by. It’s a better weather forecast than you can get on television. Right now it’s blowing toward the ocean. Desert breeze is warm and dry, temp is in the high seventies and the sky is totally free of clouds. If this were a little earlier in the year we would be worried about fire, but after all the rains the past few weeks that is not an issue. I can deal with this.

With this forecast to last for a week or more I took my car to the car wash the other day, something I have not done in quite a few weeks. Now driving it is sort of freaking me out. What happened to my window glass? I’m not sure I like this. Now that I can see things I realize that, omg, there are cars everywhere out there, and they are going really fast! Yikes.

Driving on San Diego freeways is not for the faint of heart. It’s easier, albeit likely somewhat more dangerous, when your car windows are really dirty.

That thought probably reflects a lack of good sense on my part.

1 comment:

  1. There is a reason why I wash my front and back windows (as well as my head- and taillights) when I fill my car with gas....
    I actually had a window last week for a few days that the carwash was open. What that meant was that it was over ten degrees for more than three days in a row. (The first three days the lines were seven plus cars long every time I went by.)

    ReplyDelete