Saturday, February 02, 2008

Blogroll Amnesty Day

This phrase has cropped up on the net the past couple days, and I finally found out what it means. It has to do with how you get on the "blogroll" of the big important bloggers.

For small unimportant bloggers like me, all you have to do is ask. Send an email saying that you've added me to your blogroll and asking that I reciprocate, and I do so at once. I even send you a return email thanking you. We both gain readership and everybody comes out ahead.

But if you are a big important blogger there is only one day per year that such a request is answered, which is why most of the blogs that are on my blogroll do not have reciprocal links to my blog. I added the link and sent the email, but I didn't do it on the one day per year that the big important bloggers were open to such invitations. Who knew?

Update: Sunday, 8:00am

This post has led, directly and indirectly, to quite a lot of other bloggers who indicate an openness to reciprocal links. It will take me a few days, but I'm going to pursue those leads in some depth as I have time to do so.

Update: Super Bowl Sunday

Today I'm going to hope that both teams lose a football game: the one that knocked my team out of the Super Bowl, and the one quarterbacked by the spoiled brat who rejected my team's draft four years ago.

In SD this is regarded as the most unwatchable Super Bowl in history.

9 comments:

  1. Bill: Check my blogroll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for writing about Blogroll Amnesty Day. I have included a link to your post in my post about the origins of the day, which you can find here. And I have also added your site to my blogroll and would be honored if you would add mine to yours. I would have sent you an email but I can't seem to find an email address on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:25 PM

    Bill,

    They don't get any bigger or more important than me. (in my dreams)

    I'm linking you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, thanks for participating, bill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:21 AM

    Greetings, Bill. I found you through Jon Swift's page and added you to our blogroll. Happy B.A.D.!

    Brandy
    http://mouemagazine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog and you're blogrolled at my place :) Happy B.A.D!

    nateo.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm proud that I've had you on my blogroll for quite a long time, Bill!

    Have fun watching the Super Bowl of football games (if that is no redundant, that is).

    My Bears last last year, so my interest is, how to put this delicately, somewhat diminished from last year....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late for "blog amnesty day." Sadly, I didn't get the memo.

    I'm with the program now though and you are linked in at www.robsingleton.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:26 PM

    Hello,
    In honor of Blogroll Amnesty Day I have added your blog link to my blogroll at robsingleton.net. Please link mine to yours in return. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at robtherev@gmail.com. Thank you!

    Rob Singleton

    ReplyDelete