Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Oh, That's Good Timing

The guy came to inspect our 35-year-old furnace today. The verdict: toast.
It is so bad, in fact, that he red tagged it, so we have no heat tonight. The weather forecast for tonight:
frost warning
Do I have to tell you how rare it is to have frost advisories in San Diego? The good news is that a crew will be here tomorrow morning to install a new furnace and air conditioner. The bad news is that we will have to cough up some $9000 for that exercise.

Update, 6:30 Wednesday morning: Ah yes, I now recall that our fireplace is cleverly designed to send all of the heat up the chimney so that we can admire the flames visually without having to run the air conditioner too much. This is, after all, Southern California. Shit. I am considering setting a chair or two on fire in the bedroom. I am too old for this and there is a reason, after all, why I live in Southern California.

Where the temperature is currently a toasty 37 degrees. Shit.

1 comment:

  1. bruce9:20 AM

    I was about to say you have a wife and cat to keep you warm. The wife is gone 1/2 the time and the cat is pretty small. Shit indeedy. I was also going to poke fun at you fr global warming, but I know that is "global" and all weather is localized.

    Wishing you best of luck with your situation, and hoping your are nice and toasty forthwith...

    ReplyDelete