Thursday, September 04, 2008

McCain is speaking

and he just started on his "I was blessed with misfortune" and "served with heros" story about being a pow. I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. Did you know he was a pow? If you didn't know or haven't heard the story, I have it on tape and can send it to you. As I said, it makes me vomit, but...

Up until now I simply didn't know what the hell he was babbling about. Now that I know, I wish I didn't.

His speech was preceeded by a video of him being a pow, and that was preceeded by his wife telling the same freaking story, so that makes three times now in one night we have heard the pos pow story in its entirety in one night.

I think the audience has all died. Even when they are standing and cheering they look bored out of their gourds. Except Sarah Palin. I think she's about to have an orgasm. That would embarrass Cindy McCain, who is sitting right beside her and looks slightly less bored than the rest of the audience. Her smile is 4% more authentic than her husband's but significantly more frequent.

This live blogging is cool. I just turned the sound off; vast improvement. Oh, nope, he's still speaking. I just turned off the tv altogether. Much better, but so much for the live blogging. Good night.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, well, it got worse after you turned off the TV. He tried to be charismatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if other canidates have used the "Gender Card" and (supossedly) used the "Race Card" he might figure the "POW Card" is all he's got. Oh, right, he picked someone so his ticket could use both the Gender and POW cards.
    I just found it easier not to watch at all. Of course missed all teh excitment in teh streets that way, but I got to hear about it on the news this morning. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:09 AM

    I think he got smart and listened to Kathy (ie, turned off the TV).

    What little I saw was inane, insomuch it's been hashed and rehashed so much it's pablum by now.

    ReplyDelete