Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Charge/Countercharge

From Rueters, Tue Sep 2, 2008 3:51pm EDT
"My understanding is that Gov. Palin's town, Wasilla, has I think 50 employees. We've got 2,500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe $12 million dollars a year -- we have a budget of about three times that just for the month," Obama had said.

McCain adviser Carly Fiorina said she was appalled and accused him of sexism...

Okay, Ms. Fiorina, so any words of criticism levelled at a woman, regardless of the nature of those words, are sexist. You just criticised Barack Obama...

Then you, madame, are a racist pig.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:52 AM

    Well, Carly Fiorina ought to know something about abuse of power.

    And I don't think it's sexism, it scope of reponsibility. 50 employees vs. 5000; $12 million vs $500 million, etc.

    Her criticism of Obama was not (I think) racist. Or sexist. Just piggish. Which is bad enough.

    ReplyDelete