Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Still Unstimulated

The Economic Stimulus Payment website advises me that our check was mailed on May 30, 2008 but we have not received it. Numerous calls to the information number on that website resulted in a recording to the effect that the center was overloaded and could not handle my call. A call to the Internal Revenue Department was ineffective, as they advised me that the stimulus checks were handled only by the Economic Stimulus Payment office. I have written and emailed my U.S. Representative, Susan Davis, and received no reply. Today I finally got through to the Economic Stimulus Payment phone line, where I was on hold for precisely sixty minutes listening to repeated recorded messages stating that all agents were helping "other customers" and asking me to continue to hold. One hour was all I could tolerate of that, so I finally hung up.

If I had not talked with people who had actually received checks, I would think that the whole program was another government fiction. I'm not quite sure what to do next.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:54 PM

    I just got mine, and I expect I may have been one of the last.

    Maybe this is what happens when the NSA is snogging your blog...

    sorry..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:12 PM

    Have you checked your bank account? Ours didn't arrive in the mail, it was an auto-deposit...

    ReplyDelete