Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Economic Advice

I'm not sure who ABC News thinks their audience is, but their economic advice last night in view of these "troubling times and high gas prices" consisted of things like "Now is a good time to buy stocks because there are really good prices on them" and "Split your money into multiple banks to keep account balances under $100,000."

Somehow, I doubt that anyone who is having difficulty due to high gas prices is worried about keeping "account balances under $100,000."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:15 AM

    again, why I did not put much if any credence in what the primary candidates were saying. Actuall, not so much now, either. I knew damn well, they can't do what they were saying and it was so much BS, but it makes for a good sound byte, so they say it. Talk is cheap. Okay, with these campaigns costing what they do, not so cheap.

    Speaking of Congress and El Jefe Bush, I saw this on Slate: http://www.slate.com/id/2195384/

    I wonder what Jayhawk would say about this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:49 AM

    There was a time when I would have said the Slate article was bunk. However, things have changed. Scary. momlee

    ReplyDelete