Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Still Unstimulated

The recording that earlier informed me that our stimulation was "scheduled to be mailed on or before May 30th" is now informing me that our check "was mailed on May 30th." Oh, good, but we have not received it. The recording goes on to say then, that due to "heavy call volume" it "cannot handle" my call. It does suggest that I call later or at a future date.

All of the other contacts I have been able to make at the Internal Revenue Service tell me they have no dealings with Economic Stimulus matters and that the number which is overloaded is the only contact for that issue, which is probably why that number is overloaded.

The United States Postal Service was kind enough not to laugh in my face, but allowed as how they could not be of any assistance since there was no actual evidence that anything was ever mailed to me. I said that the IRS had told me they mailed something and the reply from USPS was words to the effect of, "Yeah, right."

Our government at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment