Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Obamacare?

I have been with United Healthcare ever since my wife and I married, fifteen years ago. We have never had the slightest problem with them paying claims, even after I developed some severe health problems in 2003. In the fourteen years leading up to this one, I have probably had to contest a total of two or three decisions with them.

This year I have been fighting them tooth and nail all year; have done battle on forty or more claims on which they have denied payment. I have prevailed in every case, but it has been like pulling teeth from an angry bear. Their reasons have been transparently ridiculous, ranging from claiming not to know my Medicare status up to something having to do with the current phase of the fucking Moon.

Does this have to do with implementation of Obamacare? You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment