Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hot Summer

Filner pledged Friday afternoon that there will be “a full, complete and independent investigation in response to any formal complaint against me.” He added that, “While I stand by my comments and pledge of yesterday to make changes to improve the workplace environment in my office, I am confident that a fair and independent investigation will support my innocence with respect to any charges of sexual harassment.”

So he is taking sexual harassment classes even though he is innocent of sexual harassment. All he did was “disrespect” women and lose his temper a few times. And again, there is the matter of that bridge in Brooklyn. The offer is still open. I’m telling you, such a deal I can make for you.

Nobody is buying his apology or his petulant denials here. Everyone who was calling for him to resign is still doing so, and more people have joined the chorus. The chairwoman of the Democratic Committee is calling a meeting, and will not speak on the subject until she gets a consensus from that meeting, but other than her, no public official of either party is speaking in Filner’s defense.

Filner’s Chief of Staff resigned yesterday, effective immediately, bringing the number of senior staff abandoning ship to four out of four.

It is going to be a long, hot, nasty summer in San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment