Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Bin Laden Plans Revealed"

So we are now privy to the journal that Osama bin Laden was keeping. Yea.

Look. If I write in my journal that I would like some day to make a million dollars, but I have outlined no concrete steps toward making even ten dollars, let alone actually done anything pursuant to that goal, then I do not "have a plan to make a million dollars." I could write in my journal that I wanted to crash the stock market, and it would not affect the economy of this country one iota.

Osama bin Laden wanted to blow up some oil tankers so as to drive up the price of oil, but he did not have a plan to do so. He wanted to kill President Obama, but he did not have a plan to do that either. He wanted to blow up some trains in this country, but... You get the drift?

It really is time to quit freaking out about what a dead man wanted to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment