Sunday, December 19, 2010

Movie Find

Robert MitchumMany years ago I saw this movie on late night television, and I loved it. I have been watching for it in rental form for years to watch it again, but have never found it until today I found it for sale at Amazon.

It may be my favorite war story of all time, a Marine and a nun on a Japanese-held island in the Pacific. It is hard to tell which one of them displays greater bravery, as well as which one displays a greater degree of human character.

I said in a post a while back that I harbor a fondness for Marines; this movie may be the reason. It's certainly a big reason I harbor a fondness for Robert Mitchum.

1 comment:

  1. You are right - a great movie. Maybe influencing my fondness for Marines as well? Or would that be the Marine(s) I dated when I was in the Navy?

    ReplyDelete