Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Arizona Hyperbole

I have been away from Arizona for some years, so the nature of the state and its people may, may have changed radically since I left there. I have not, of course, read the law in question but from listening to discussions of it on cable and reading same in the blogosphere, I can tell you there is one whole hell of a lot of hyperventilating going on that is pure hyperbole.

I do not for one minute believe that Arizona law enforcement is going to start wearing jackboots and brown shirts. I do not believe that the law was written for the express purpose of racial profiling, nor that women and children "on their way to Sunday School" will be stopped and required to show papers.

I do not think this is a good law, and I do not support it at all, but all of this hysterical screaming and yelling is not helping matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment