Wednesday, April 02, 2008

That Rocky Analogy

This is too rich not to plagiarize it. It’s from Attywood in today’s post, although I have added a few tidbits of my own.
“I know what it means to get knocked down. But I’ve never stayed down, and I never will. Let me tell you something – when it comes to finishing the fight, Rocky and I have a lot in common. I never quit. I never give up.”

-- Hillary Clinton in Philadelphia yesterday.

Great analogy.

Except that Rocky loses.

And Clinton started out the race as a favorite of Apollo Creed-like proportions and became the underdog of her own making.

And the actor who played Rocky supports John McCain.

And she actually said, “I never get up.” I know she didn’t mean to but…

It’s called “foot-in-mouth disease” in my circles.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:02 PM

    does that mean she will fight to the end and then lose? and/or have a rematch later? (in 2012, presumably... I hope not)

    as far as hoof in mouth disease, she's got both feet in there already, no room for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:13 AM

    I ran across this and it sums up a lot of HRC purported economic plans -

    "..Perhaps she’s in a time warp or something... That really does capture her pitch, which is: ‘We had good people and they did good things, and we can do it again if we just get our team back - The problem is that you can’t go back and re-create that period just because you might want to.."

    - and since that statement speaks for itself, so much for her common sense (if she had any in the first place).

    - and it was her husband, not HRC in the first place. So much for her "experience".

    ReplyDelete