Monday, January 14, 2008

Hillary Clinton, Republican

I am trying to avoid becoming a "Clinton hate site," but some things are just too abominable to let pass. Before the New Hampshire primary Senator Clinton was adopting the Republican tactic of fearmongering, “Vote for me or the terrorists will kill you,” and now she’s using the Republican Swift Boat maneuver. Talk about a Republican in Democratic clothing...

The lawsuit filed in Nevada to prevent the Culinary Workers Union from voting effectively in support of Obama has been filed by a group which Senator Clinton avows she has no knowledge of or affiliation with. You can read more details on this affair in Dick Pohlman today, but her disavowal sounds just like Bush’s disavowal of the Swift Boaters. "Who me, I don’t know anything about them, but I can’t do anything about their actions." She claims the group does not include her supporters, but... Not that she doesn't know, she claims they are not. Read the piece by Pohlman.

The group of non-Clinton supporters was fine with the polling places in question until that union endorsed Obama, now they are filing a lawsuit that seeks to close the polling places where most of that union would be voting. Hillary Clinton has "no opinion" on the lawsuit.

Of course Clinton won't speak against a lawsuit that aims to disenfranchise voters who might vote against her.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:34 PM

    Thanks for the heads-up, I hadn't heard about this shenanigan. I recommend the Dick Pohlman post. I responded to his post there, but consider the issue important enough to also offer it directly to JayHawk & his readers:

    Paragraph 9: "[the] campaign says it knows nothing about the lawsuit", trying to distance the candidate from the despicable action. Yet "Hillary ... herself said this weekend, 'I have no opinion on the lawsuit.'" That is the very ANTITHESIS of distancing.
    She could have said something to the effect of "I am against this suit, and had nothing to do with its filling. But I intend to at my earliest opportunity -- I have directed my campaign to fill a 'friend of the court' brief AGAINST the plaintiffs in this attempt to disenfranchise voters. I want to be clear: those who filed this suit show themselves, by that very act, to not be my supporters."
    She not only could have: if she doesn't want to be perceived as liking the suit, she should have.

    My question is -- why didn't she? Either she isn't moral enough or she isn't courageous enough to distance herself from these elitists. Or is it that she isn't smart enough to have seen the need? Any of the three would seem to disqualify from national leadership.

    [Loquician]

    Arthur

    ReplyDelete