Monday, July 30, 2012

New On The Blogroll

I've redone the blogroll, dropped some either because they quit writing or because they deteriorated into sheer silliness, and added a few new ones. New to me anyway.

Jobsanger: Individual blogger, and very active; writes usually several times a day. He's a bit more of a liberal than I am and somewhat more of an Obama loyalist, but by no means an unthinking one. We've had some interesting discussions.

Vast Left Wing Conspiracy: Liberal, but definitely as critical of the present political climate as I am, and presents his views in a unique and interesting way. Snark done right.

Cogitamus: The actual writers are moderately interesting, but quite a few people participate in the discussions, and they get very interesting at times. The commenters have very strong views, to say the least, and are a bit more liberal loyalist than I am but are open to contrary discussion without deteriorating into name calling or mud slinging. Usually, anyway.

Sic Semper Tyrannis: Run by a retired Army colonel, and a bunch of intelligence and military types hang out there. They are a very sharp bunch, and do not have a veil of political ideology pulled over their eyes.

Daniel Larison: Outstanding conservative writer, but a real conservative with a functioning brain, not a Teabagger. He is definitely no fan of Mitt Romney, and for some very sound reasons.

2 comments:

  1. I want to thank you for the kind words about my blog, and its inclusion on your blogroll.
    However, I'm not quite the Obama loyalist you think. I do consider him superior to the choice the Republicans have offered this year, but I have criticized the president on various issues in the past (especially health care reform, where he didn't go nearly far enough).
    The truth is that I may not even vote for him in November (since my home state of Texas will almost assuredly go for Romney anyway). I am seriously considering voting for Dr. Jill Stein (Green Party).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the statement that you "may not" vote for him puts you ahead of me on the Obama loyalty scale, since I most certainly will not vote for him. Of course, like yours, my vote is essentially irrelevant, since Obama has a lock on California.

    ReplyDelete