Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Last Night's Speeches

I listened to both speeches last night, and was unimpressed with both. The “analysis” afterward said that Obama was “stern” and “angry,” but he just looked wooden to me, and he certainly didn’t say anything that he hasn’t already said a dozen times or so. He said that the Republican plan was a piece of crap, and he was correct.

Boehner looked like he had just woken up from a bad nap, and talked about a “bipartisan” House bill that was supported by a whopping five Democrats. He said that the Reid plan was crap and was full of gimmicks, and he was right about that. For inatance, $1 trillion of the proposed cuts is from "ending wars in Iraq and Afghanistan."

Obama said to call my representative, but I’m not about to do that. If not because of my aversion to “direct democracy” as I discussed earlier, I’m not going to tell them to vote for any of the plans on the table, because none of the plans on the table are worth the paper they are printed on. Oh, wait, they aren’t on paper. My evaluation stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment