Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What The President Says

I was talking with a friend of mine today and asked him if he was going to listen to the President's speech this evening. He mumbled something that was neither yes or no, but was clearly unenthusiastic.

I said, "Well, the budget matters to you doesn't it?"
He replied, "Yeah, but what the President says about it doesn't."

It was an hour before I was able to stop laughing sufficiently to write this.

Update: His plan is revealed, cutting $4 trillion over 12 years.

Now we know why my friend feels that what he says doesn't matter. Our current deficit is $1.88 trillion and he's going to reduce that by $4 trillion over the next 12 years. So $1.88 x 12 = $22.56 trillion at the present rate, and $4 trillion amounts to, mumble, mumble, wow, 17.7% reduction of the current deficit. He really knocked himself out.

1 comment:

  1. bruce9:01 AM

    Oh my gosh, yes............
    that's a good one.

    ReplyDelete