Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Noun, a Verb and ...

Everything I can say about Joe Biden as a running mate pick is obvious on the face of it. I like the choice if for no other reasons than that it shuts up the endless speculation, and that he isn't Hillary Clinton. He is the master of the kind of attack politics than I can actually sort of get into, revealing the other guy's silly antics as being just what they are - silly antics. Witness his evisceration of Rudy with "Every sentence is a noun, a verb and 9/11. There's nothing else."

So the beauty of him being on the ticket is that he never has to actually say "a noun, a verb and p.o.w." Just his presence in the campaign leaves that threat hanging over John McCain.

Update: Saturday, 1pm
Okay, after watching the soiree at Springfield I am no longer merely "okay" with Joe Biden as the running mate. I had forgotten what kind of speaker this man is. He is the perfect running mate. I have not enjoyed politics that much in several months. I'm starting to have fun again.

2 comments:

  1. Me, too. I have liked him from the beginning - partly (mostly?) for the same reasons that the pundits say he won't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:13 AM

    Attack politics is okay if they use it to uncover BS and politics-as-usual and to truly change something. If it's attack just to be negative for getting elected, no thanks.

    ReplyDelete