Thursday, May 17, 2007

Snow Stumped

This is big. I don’t think this has ever happened before. Yesterday, Tony Snow was thrown for a loss, was handed a question by a reporter which he could not spin, for which he could not do a tap dance on the podium. He could neither dazzle us with brilliance nor baffle us with bullshit.

In announcing the new “War Czar” Tony was asked what the purpose of the position was to be, and why now. I’ll let you read his initial answer elsewhere; it’s typically lengthy and involves the phrase “new way forward” several times. But then comes this,

Q: So you think this is a new need and you did not need someone to do this for the previous four years?

MR. SNOW: Well, again, I'm not going to try -- I don't know. I don't have an answer for you. I'm telling you that's what he's here to do now.


There you have it. “I don't have an answer for you.” Finally, George Bush has done something that Tony Snow actually could not explain.

America’s Cup Update


Off day today. I suspect the crew of Oracle needs it. I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment